Project-Specific Privacy Documentation
Who are we?
What do we collect?
RSG will need to collect and use certain personal information from you, including:
- Travel information – for example trips you make, location information, travel time, and travel mode.
- Demographics – for example, age and income to ensure that the survey sample reflects the population of the survey region.
- Contact information – for example, an email address or phone number for the purposes of sending survey reminders and distributing gift cards.
We may also collect information about your internet browser and computer settings to make your survey experience more pleasant.
How are we using this data?
RSG and the study sponsors will use your data to:
- Understand day-to-day travel across the Triangle region.
- Help the North Carolina Department of Transportation and regional transportation agencies prioritize transportation and land-use improvements that best fit regional needs.
- Contact you about the status of your survey and provide support.
- Contact you to provide an incentive for completion (if applicable).
Who we share this data with?
RSG will share your data with:
- The North Carolina State University Institute for Transportation Research and Education (NCSU ITRE).
- The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT).
- The Durham - Chapel Hill - Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization (DCHC-MPO).
- The Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (CAMPO).
- An email automation provider to issue emails for this survey.
- A call center to conduct survey support phone calls.
- A printing firm to print and mail survey materials.
- A gift card vendor to issue survey completion gift cards.
Can you change your mind?
Yes. You may remove your consent or exercise your data rights by submitting a Data Privacy Request through our secure system.
Your participation is voluntary.
The parties above agree that the participants in each project are volunteers, offering their participation freely, without pressure or coercion, and without promise or expectation of compensation from RSG.
Do Not Sell